AOU-Bahrain branch new campus @ A’Ali has been successfully achieved the Multi-Service Network using fiber Optic and Cat6a infrastructure by connecting redundant core and edge switches to provide the network on high redundant, scalable, cohesive, convergent and cost-effective IP-based Network for Voice, Data, and Video traffic. The systems have achieved as on a highly redundant, scalable, fault tolerant multi-layer switched network capable of carrying an efficient, safe, reliable data, voice and video traffic to meet the needs of all AOU Stakeholders, which supports to achieve AOU Vision and Mission.
AOU Bahrain Branch building is consisting of 5 levels, Basement, ground floor, first floor, second floor and third floor. Where the campus is equipped with computer labs, LRC computers, Language Labs, heavy-duty All-In-One Printers/Photocopiers/Scanner, Computer software, electronically stored information, accessing any external system from the AOU network and other peripherals.
The Services Provided:
- Ensuring all network services up and running with availability 99.99%.
- Deployed E-Support Help Desk System for all AOU stakeholders.
- Online Support will be 24X7 by email.
- Helpdesk team are available inside campus, from 8 am – 6 pm.
- Providing induction, training, workshops and manuals for all IT services systems.
- Supporting all AOU events, VC’s, online exams, placement tests … etc.
- Ensuring the privacy and security of data with different layers of protection.
- Ensuring the data retrieval of full time (Academic/Admin) staff in case of any disaster by deploying business continuity plan, including risk management, disaster recovery, backup & restore procedures.
- Implanted new smart print/copy/scan solution with proximity card for full time (Academic/Admin) staff, to ensure the privacy/security of documents, and to scan directly to their home folders.
- Implemented secure network share folders for all full time (Academic/Admin) committees and departments, to share data among authorized members.
- Supporting student’s & Staff by creating network accounts/resetting passwords, connectivity, etc.
- Ensuring the deployment of AOU IT Rules & Regulations, policies in practical and efficient way based on HQ clear instructions in this regards.